Raene Packery, Marriage Celebrant

LocationWestern Cape
Raene Packery, Marriage Celebrant

Spiritual Celebrant & Non-Denominational Marriage Officer based in Table View, Cape Town, available within the Western Cape.

I have been a registered Civil Union Marriage officer since 2008 (this means that I can register both hetero and homosexual marriages) and have experience in various types of ceremonies. I offer guidelines and suggestions but liaise with the couple to ensure that the ceremony resonates with their relationship.

While I will do my best to accommodate the couple wherever possible, the basic marriage services I offer are as follows and can be adapted accordingly:

Formal Ceremonies

This service includes customizing a wedding ceremony that is unique to you as a couple and meeting as often as required to ensure the ceremony comes off without a hitch. Even though the wedding is formal you are not tied to tradition. You have the freedom to make the ceremony what you want it to communicate!

Private Ceremonies

If you want to get married quietly at home or at a private venue with just a few close friends. I will come to your home, at your convenience, and conduct the ceremony of your choice.

Marriage Registrations

Often a couple would like their wedding ceremony conducted by a close friend or relative who is not a registered marriage officer. Once the ceremony has taken place you will still need it to be registered.

“Kiss and go”

Perhaps you don’t want a ceremony at all but wish to have your marriage legally registered and you are looking for a quick and friendly alternative to getting married at a Home Affairs office, you can go with the “kiss and go” option which is quite literally, just the paperwork such as signing the marriage register and the legal I do’s.

For all of the above options, I will take care of the registration for you ensuring that this is done without you having to see the inside of a Home Affairs office.

The ceremony can take place in a building or outdoors, such as in a garden or on the beach (provided you get a permit), the actual signing of the register need only be done under a roof or similar environment where the paperwork cannot be damaged.

Non-legal ceremonies

I also perform marriage ceremonies and rites of handfasting where couples choose not to have their marriages registered legally. This remains the personal choice of the couple and I am happy to accommodate those that chose to not take the legal route. You will still receive a marriage certificate issued by me personally to mark your special day.

If you have any questions, or would like to make a booking enquiry, please feel free to contact me via email, whatsapp or the booking form on my website.

    Write a Review

    Click to rate

    By creating an account you agree to our Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Policy