In this guide we will provide you with a detailed walk-through on how to add Facebook Messenger on your listing.
If you encounter any issues during this process, or require further assistance; please feel free to contact us.
Step 1 – Creating A Facebook App
If you have already created an app for Facebook Page Integration; please skip this step. You can use a single app for both integrations.
- Visit https://developers.facebook.com/apps (new tab).
- Click/Tap on “Add a New App”.
- Create a new App ID by adding the following details to the presented form fields.
- Display Name – This is the application’s name. You can give it a name such as; “The Wedding Inventory”, etc.
- Add a contact email address.
- Click/Tap on “Create App ID.
- On the next page; navigate to “Settings” > “Basic” in the left sidebar menu.
- Your new App ID will be displayed as highlighted on the image below.
Keep this tab open as you will need to copy your App ID in “Step 4”.
Step 2 – Getting Your Facebook Page ID
- Visit your Facebook Page.
- Click/Tap on the “About” item in the left sidebar menu.
- Scroll down until you find your “Page ID”
Keep this tab open as you will need to copy your Page ID in “Step 4”.
Step 3 – Whitelisting The Wedding Inventory Domain
- Click/Tap on the “Settings” item in the top menu.
- Click/Tap on the “Messenger Platform” in the left sidebar menu.
- Scroll down to the “White-listed domains” heading.
- Add “https://www.weddinginventory.co.za” and “https://weddinginventory.co.za” (without quotation marks) to the field below.
- Click/Tap on the “Save” button below.
Step 4 – Adding Your App & Page ID’s To Your Account
- Log into your account on The Wedding Inventory Website.
- Click/Tap on the user menu in the primary navigation menu.
- Click/Tap on the “Dashboard” menu item.
- Click/Tap on the “Edit Profile” button near the top of your user dashboard.
- Scroll down to the “Facebook Chat Settings” section on your profile page.
- Add the App ID you created in “Step 1” to the “Facebook API ID” field.
- Add your Facebook Page ID; attained in “Step 2″ to the Facebook Fanpage ID” field.
If you would like to embed your Facebook Page on your listing/s; please view our guide (new tab).