In this guide we will provide you with a detailed walk-through on how to embed your Facebook Page on your listing; using the Facebook Page Plugin.
If you encounter any issues during this process or require further assistance; please feel free to contact us.
Step 1 – Creating A Facebook App
If you have already created an app for Facebook Messenger integration, please skip this step. You can use a single app for both integrations.
- Visit https://developers.facebook.com/apps (new tab).
- Click/Tap on “Add a New App”.
- Create a new App ID by adding the following details to the presented form fields.
- Display Name – This is the application’s name. You can give it a name such as; “The Wedding Inventory”, etc.
- Add a contact email address.
- Click/Tap on “Create App ID.
- On the next page; navigate to “Settings” > “Basic” in the left sidebar menu.
- Your new App ID will be displayed as highlighted on the image below.
Keep this tab open as you will need to copy your App ID in “Step 3”.
Step 2 – Getting Your Facebook Page Plugin Source Code
- Visit https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/page-plugin (new tab).
- Add your Facebook Page URL/Link to to the “Facebook Page URL” field.
- Remove/Delete any existing text in the “Tabs” field.
- Click/Tap the “Get Code” button.
- Click/Tap on the “iFrame” option at the top of the popup window.
- Select the Facebook App that you created in an earlier step.
Keep this tab open as you will need to copy the iFrame code in “Step 4”.
Step 3 – Adding Your App ID To Your Account
- Log into your account on The Wedding Inventory Website.
- Click/Tap on the user menu in the primary navigation menu.
- Click/Tap on the “Dashboard” menu item.
- Click/Tap on the “Edit Profile” button near the top of your user dashboard.
- Scroll down to the “Facebook Chat” settings section on your profile page.
- Add the App ID you created in “Step 1” to the “Facebook API ID” field.
If you would like to integrate Facebook Messenger into your listing/s; you can enter your Facebook Page ID in the field on the right hand side.
To learn how to get your Facebook Page ID and integrate Facebook Messenger into your listing/s; please view our guide (new tab).
Step 4 – Adding Your iFrame Code To Your Listing
- When creating or editing your listing; add the iFrame code you attained in “Step 2” to the “iFrame Source Code” field under the “Facebook Page” heading.